Access to high-speed internet is as much of a necessity as electricity. And the need for fast, reliable internet is only going to increase—especially in our rural areas. That’s why Bloomer Broadband is committed to expanding our fiber-optic network. This summer we are expanding to the areas of Tilden and Eagle Point and finishing up work in the Colfax and Elk Mound areas. We’re looking at additional federal funding for expansions in 2023. We won’t stop until the money runs out! So why is providing reliable, high-speed internet to our communities so important to Bloomer Broadband? Because we know the positive impact it has on our residents, businesses and our communities’ overall economic stability.
Our access to reliable, high-speed internet enables us to
- work from home which provides greater job opportunities
- power our Smart Home devices to stay safe, comfortable and connected to our homes
- stayed informed and entertained with myriad online and streaming services
- see a medical professional without ever leaving home
- enhance our learning and education through online courses
- reduce feelings of isolation by connecting with family and friends via social media and video chats
A community powered by a fiber-optic broadband network
- is better able to retain current businesses and attract new ones
- provides businesses with an opportunity to compete in the global economy
- opens doors for remote job applicants—expanding a business’s candidate pool
- typically experiences increased home values
- allows farmers to remotely manage and monitor equipment and herds*
*For more on this topic, see our blog post: Faster internet = healthier cows?
With economic challenges facing many rural communities, Bloomer Broadband wants to be part of the solution by providing reliable, high-speed internet.