If you’re online, you’re using social media. No eye rolls, please. According to the Global State of Digital 2022 report, 93.4% of global internet users also use social media. This means there are 4.62 billion social media users worldwide.
Happy Social Media Day, Bloomer! June 30th marks a day to celebrate the connections made via social media, across the world and even within your own community.
Quiz time! (answers at the bottom)
What is the world’s most used social platform?
But what is the worldwide favorite social media platform?
Social media can boost communities and elevate businesses. Here are a few ways social media can be transformational:
- Far away from family? Social media can help you stay close. In fact, 47.6% of all social media users report that they primarily use social media to keep in touch with friends and family.
- Business buzz. Businesses, including Bloomer can use social media outlets, such as Facebook and LinkedIn to advertise to and connect with customers.
- Keeping up on the news. When you live in a rural community, it can be easy to feel disconnected. Social media allows you obtain news occurring both near and far.
- Brand or no brand? 1% of internet users also use social media to research information about brands and products.
- Network much? Both businesses and individuals frequently use social media to find new jobs and hiring opportunities.
While social media is an amazing tool, it should be used with caution. Read up on our other blogs for information on how to keep your mind, emotions and bank account safe!
Social media: an amazing tool that needs to be used carefully. And when used well, it has the power to unite people across the world and spread necessary and helpful information. Of course, you can find us on social media, catch us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
You made it to the bottom, good job. Here are the answers to the quiz questions:
The world’s most used social media platform is, drumroll please….
Favorite social media platform…
Two points for you!