Did you know that the week of April 17 is Work Zone Awareness Week? “What is this?” you may ask. It’s a week-long campaign that aims to promote safe driving and working in construction zones across the country.
As we all know, work zones can be a bit tricky to navigate. They’re often crowded, full of heavy machinery, and can change rapidly. That’s why it’s so important to be extra careful when driving through them.
Drive with caution:
- Slow down when driving through work zones.
- Pay attention to signs and flaggers for changes in traffic patterns.
- Avoid distractions such as cell phones or other electronic devices.
- Show respect to workers by driving carefully and obeying traffic rules in work zones.
What work zones are in our neck of the woods? Glad you asked!
- Have you noticed the municipal construction project happening outside our Bloomer Broadband office? It’s a big one, involving the reconstruction of several street sections, complete with wider curbs and gutters, water main, and sanitary and storm replacement, as well as new sidewalks and pedestrian ramp design. It’s all part of efforts to enhance the local community’s infrastructure and make the area safer and more accessible for everyone. We appreciate your patience during this process!
- The Bloomer Broadband team is making continual progress on our fiber expansion project. We brought fiber to underserved and unserved homes in Tilden and Eagle Point. We’ve run 86 miles of fiber and passed more than 305 homes. Service is installed for many customers, and we are currently contacting the rest to schedule installations. Meanwhile, our team is making great progress in Seymour and Hallie. Engineering and permitting have been completed and all the construction materials are prepared. Once the ground thaws, we’ll be off to the races. Stay tuned for more updates on our fiber expansion project.
There’s lots going on in our area, and all of it means good things are coming. Driving in a construction zone can be a bit of a bumpy road but remember to take it slow and steady — after all, safety cones first!
Have questions about construction outside our office or any of our expansion projects? Give us a call at 715-568-4830, we’re happy to chat!