National Online Learning Day is Thursday, September 15 and celebrates an ever-growing community of online learners. Anyone, from age one to ninety-two, can use the internet to learn. Whether it be learning to paint with Bob Ross, getting fluent in Klingon with Duolingo or figuring out how to replace a car headlight with the master-of-all YouTube, there really is something for everyone.
Online learning can be silly and fun, but also convenient and personalized. Achieve your goals through:
- Going to classes or studying your favorite subject—see our blog here about going back to (online) school
- Pursuing certifications that take you to the next level in your job field
- Earning a high school diploma or college degree—there are even completely virtual graduate degrees now!
- Becoming a DIYer for just about anything under the sun
- Learning more about yourself with online counseling
The Online Learning Day organizers encourage you to post a story or comment about an online learning experience you’ve had and include the hashtag #OnlineLearningDay on September 15th. You can post photos, celebrate a special (virtual) teacher, or offer up a great online learning resource.
According to the Online Learning Day website, as of 2013 there were 6.7 million students taking at least one online course through an institute of higher learning. Their website also lists some great resources for ways you can learn online.
We love to learn, too. Next time you’re in the neighborhood, drop in and share your favorite fun fact with our customer service reps. In the meantime, we’ll continue to learn everything we can about making our fiber internet technology the absolute best in the state.
Got a question about making your online learning experience go smoothly? Give our fiber internet experts a call at 715-568-4830. Our local customer service team will be happy to help.
What are YOU going to learn today?