It’s not always feasible to be with family and friends for the holidays. There may be distances to travel or not enough time off from work. And some folks simply like to “stay put” for the holidays. Whatever the reason, you can still connect with your family and make some holiday memories.
If you are lucky enough to have fiber-fast internet from Bloomer Broadband, you can tap into that connection to make meaningful moments with family and friends. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Use Google Photos (or any one of the many photo sites) to upload and share albums—and get the conversation going. It’s like the old-timey slideshows without the slide projector and sheet on the wall.
- Get online and play a game. It can be as something as simple as Scrabble or faster-paced like Fortnite or Minecraft. Throw on a headset or use your computer speaker to talk with your teammates.
- Chat face-to-face, remotely. There are almost as many video chat apps as there are people. Check out the popular FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Marco Polo or Skype. And these chats can be more than just a conversation. Think about reading a holiday classic or singing a holiday song to your favorite little person faraway.
- Plan a virtual get-together via Zoom. Bake cookies together, host a virtual happy hour or holiday sing-along.
- Social media is another great way to share videos and photos. Facebook even lets you set up private groups and create events—virtual or real.
- Enjoy a movie together. Netflix Party allows for group viewing and provides private chat rooms so you can interact with fellow viewers. You can even customize your party with fun user icons, nicknames, screenshots, emojis and GIFs.
- Share your holiday playlist with friends and family. Create a unique list for a special someone or host a holiday dance party.
Check out our holiday movie and playlist ideas here.
Although Bloomer Broadband can’t teleport you to family and friends, we can ensure you get the right internet speed for your needs. Don’t let buffering and lagging spoil your holiday fun. Contact us at 715-568-4830. Our internet experts are ready to make your holiday wishes come true!
Follow us on Facebook for fun facts, office updates, tech tips, local stories and more!