“How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” —Anne Frank
We all have the power to change the world. And the spring is a great time to check out volunteer opportunities—to help with a community garden, neighborhood cleanup or stocking food pantry shelves. Volunteering improves mental health, strengthens community connections, can provide you with a new skill and is fun!
There are so many worthy causes out there in need of help, but we recommend looking for organizations that align with your interests. If it’s a cause you care about, you’ll be more likely to stick with it and feel fulfilled.
Not sure where to start? Time to harness the power of the internet. Do a Google search for nonprofits or volunteer opportunities in your area. Or check these local listings:
- Bloomer Public Library – The Friends of the Library volunteer to assist the library by organizing and running Used Book Sales as well as hosting other fundraising events.
- Bloomer Youth Baseball & Softball – Sign up to coach!
- Colfax Railroad Museum – Restore the ever growing collection of railroad equipment!
- Chippewa County – Volunteer for the local Meals on Wheels program.
- Town of Tilden – Be a volunteer firefighter or EMRs. (The ULTIMATE volunteer opportunity!)
- DNR Wisconsin – Contribute to the management of precious aquatic and terrestrial natural resources.
You can also check out national volunteer organizations like United Way (Wisconsin branch), Volunteer Match and the Red Cross.
At Bloomer Broadband, we are dedicated to helping our customers and the communities we serve live happier, more connected lives. To learn more about us or our services, visit bloomer.net.