Bloomer Broadband has a very exciting 2023 planned – filled with service improvements, fiber-network expansions, celebrations, a new look, and much more! Here’s just a sampling of what’s in store:
- 3000 customers’ celebration! We’re excited to serve more than 3000 homes, businesses and farms for the first time in our history! We could not have achieved this goal without you, our customers. To commemorate this BIG achievement and thank you, we’re giving away a BIG prize to one lucky winner. Enter here for a chance to win 3,000 hours of free internet. This drawing is for everyone in our service area—whether you’re a current customer or not. 3,000 hours roughly equates to four months—in which you can surf, stream and game to your heart’s content with no buffering or lag. Here’s to 3,000 now, and 3,000 more!
- Celebrating 122 years of service! That’s right. Bloomer Broadband has been serving the greater Bloomer area for more than century! A group of local businessmen formed Bloomer Broadband in June of 1901 after the first few phones were installed in town. The company later introduced dial-up internet service to its customers, followed by high-speed internet capabilities in 1997. In 2006, we began converting copper lines to a fiber-to-the-home network. And the fiber network expansions continue today. Read more about Bloomer’s history here.
- More scholarships and support of local youth! More Bloomer Broadband customers mean more local students are eligible for our scholarship. In 2022, we added a third $1,000 scholarship. In 2023, we’re taking it a step further and adding three $500 scholarships – awarding a total of six high school students from Bloomer, Colfax/Elk Mound, Chippewa Falls and McDonell Catholic.** Watch our Facebook page for application details.
- Fiber-to-the-Home expansions continue! We’ll finish more than 200 internet installations in the Tilden and Eagle Point area early this year – and start construction in Seymour and Hallie to bring more than 500 homes and business fiber-fast internet. We’ll continue to seek funding for further expansions to bring much needed fast, reliable internet to more people. We detail what goes into that process here.
- Faster speeds and next-level products to make your life easier! Bloomer Broadband is working to bring 2.5 Gig speed to those in Seymour and Hallie this year– with internet installations starting late 2023 through 2024. You can pre-register for services here. With plans to roll out 2.5 Gig speed to those in Bloomer, Colfax, Elk Mound, Tilden, and Eagle Point in 2024 and beyond. You’ll be able to do more, even faster without worrying about your bandwidth! Speed is just half of the “great internet experience” equation. You also need great Wi-Fi, so we’ll be rolling out the latest in Wi-Fi technology – the GigaSpire. More on this later…
- Helping you get the assistance you need during the road construction. The City of Bloomer will be conducting some road construction this spring and access to our office will be restricted. To help ensure you receive the assistance you need in setting up new services, paying bills or getting questions answered, we encourage to you use our website or give us a call. Services can be ordered online and you may pay your bill via SmartHub. Please check out our Resources page and FAQs (located at the bottom of the internet, TV and phone pages) for assistance.
- The Bloomer Broadband brand is getting a makeover! We don’t want to spoil the surprise, but our company is going through a bit of a change. We’re refreshing our brand to better speak to who we are today. Watch for our brand launch in the coming months.
Phew! That’s a LOT of good stuff, no? And we’re making plans for even MORE great stuff. Bloomer Broadband is so proud of our small, but mighty team who make it all happen – and proud to have you, our loyal customers and friends. Let’s make 2023 a GREAT NEW YEAR!
* All those who enter will have an equal chance of winning. One winner will be chosen at random. No purchase necessary. However, you must be within the Bloomer Broadband service area to win. Whether the winner is a new or existing customer, we will provide our 1000 Mbps (1 Gig!) package, including our industry-leading managed Wi-Fi system, the GigaSpire, free for four months. Free months will come in the form of a bill credit and once the four months ends, Gig service will be billed at the current rate. No cash value. Contest ends February 10, 2023.
**Scholarship applications will be available in February. The parents, guardians, or foster parents of the recipient must reside in Bloomer Broadband’s service area and be a current customer of the Company.