“What key has legs and can’t open a door?” “A turkey.”
“What’s a turkey’s favorite Thanksgiving food?” “Nothing—it’s already stuffed.”
Okay, okay, just one more:
“What do you call a running turkey?” “Fast food.”
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Bloomer Telephone wishes you a day full of good food, loved ones, and lots of gratitude.
As a reminder, our office will be closed on Thursday, Nov 25, and Friday, Nov 26, so that all our hard-working employees can spend the day just like the turkey: getting absolutely stuffed! If you need to contact us for any reason, please call 715-568-4830 and our after-hours team will be happy to assist.
We took a poll of Bloomer Telephone employee’s favorite Thanksgiving pies and the results are in . . . we couldn’t agree. We love ALL the pies — but here’s our list of favorites.
- Kent: Apple Pie with Grandma Emma’s Never Fail Pie Crust recipe.
- Travis: Pumpkin Pie
- Shelly: Betty Crocker’s Pecan Pie, warmed up, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Darren: Blueberry Pie
- Robyn: Grandma Boos’ homemade Pumpkin Pie is my favorite! Top it off with ice cream.
- Ben: My aunt makes an awesome homemade Key-Lime Pie that is my favorite!
- Rhonda: Both her mom’s and mother’s-in-law (Robyn’s Grandma Boos from above) Pumpkin Pies!
- Cut the lard into the flour & salt mixture until crumbly
- Mix to form a ball
- Roll out on a floured surface
Our recommendation? You should probably just make all five kinds this Thanksgiving (and maybe drop off a slice or two for us).
And because you asked for it, not because it brings us any joy at all . . .
“What instrument does a turkey play?” “The drumsticks!”
Ba dum chhh. Thank you and good night.
Follow us on Facebook for fun facts, office updates, tech tips, local stories and more!